Advanced Greig Laminators' New Encore and 8000 Series Laminators
Entry-level and high-production models offered
Advanced Greig Laminators has added several new laminators to its line of finishing equipment.
The new Encore series of laminators are designed as entry-level machines and available in four configurations:
- 64NH is a no-heat laminator designed to run pressure-sensitive overlaminates and mounting adhesives;
- 64SH will run heat-activated film, pressure-sensitive overlaminates, and mounting adhesives;
- 64DHR has dual heated rollers for top-mounting adhesives; and
- 64 Maxim runs heat-activated film, pressure-sensitive overlaminates, and mounting adhesives and has many extras that allow faster production.
AGL says that all of the Encore machines are easy to operate and can be upgraded with optional components. They are all designed with a compact, ergonomic, low-profile construction. In addition, they have an easy web-feed table, tapered core chucks for fast and easy film loading, repeatable tension system brake, and cantilevered shafts that swing out for easy film loading and unloading.
The AGL 8000 series laminators are built for professional, serious shops. The four models in the AGL 8000 series are capable of laminating up to 79-in. wide pressure-sensitive overlaminates, or 76-in. wide thermal films. The series includes:
- 8000C for cold overlamination and mounting;
- 8000T, equipped with a heat-tip nip roller for thermal films, pressure-sensitive overlaminates, and mounting adhesives; and
- 8000S and 8000R for applying thermal and pressure-sensitive films, mounting adhesives, and vinyl transfer.
Features of the 8000 series include heavy-duty unwind and rewind stations with dedicated or variable directional rotation, the ability to incorporate several unwind/rewind stations, pneumatic clutch/brake assembly that allows for precise and repeatable film tension, cantilevered shafts that swing out for easy film loading and unloading, and mechanical and photoelectric emergency stops.
For more than 50 years, AGL has manufactured laminating equipment. Recently it began distributing the ProFinish? line of laminating films for the digital imaging market. (Advanced Greig Laminators: www.aglinc.com)