Corel Releases CorelDraw Graphics Suite X6
Suite includes Website Creator X6 for building and managing websites.
Corel has announced CorelDraw Graphics Suite X6, the latest version of the company’s flagship graphics suite. New features in X6 include:
• Advanced OpenType support – OpenType typography features contextual and stylistic alternates, ligatures, ornaments, and swash variants;
• Native 64-bit and enhanced multi-core support processes files and images up to 50% faster than X5;
• Custom-built Color Harmony tools to collectively modify and analyze colors and hues for complementary color schemes;
• Creative vector-shaping tools including smear, twirl, attract, and repel;
• Styles engine and docker, allowing for consistent style across multiple objects;
• Smart Carver, which allows the user to remove unwanted areas from an image while simultaneously maintaining the photo’s aspect ratio;
• Improved page layout capabilities, including Master Layer functionality, alignment guides, and interactive frames; also allows the user to access object settings in one centralized location; and
The CorelDraw Graphics X6 package includes CorelDraw X6, Corel PhotoPaint X6, Corel PowerTrace X6, Corel Capture X6, Corel Connect X6, a local network disc and stock imagery from iStockPhoto and Fotolia; and Corel Website Creator X6. The package also includes 10,000 clipart and images, 1000 new high-resolution digital photos, 1000 OpenType fonts, 2000 vehicle templates, 350 design templates, and 800 frames and patterns.
Price: $499 ($199 for upgrade).