CS9050 Printer from Oce
Also adds new scrim products.
Oce has added to its CS9000 series of eco-solvent and low-solvent printers with the introduction of the eco-solvent CS9050. At 54-in. the CS9000 is the smallest in the CS9000 series, but offers the same VariaDot imaging technology, Wave Stitching, and 3-yr outdoor durability without lamination.
Designed for the low-volume user, the 4-color CS9050 offers 12 pre-defined print modes. The most popular are Production imaging, up to 151 sq ft/hr in 720 x 720-dpi resolution; High Quality producing up to 76 sq ft/hr in the same resolution; and Maximum Quality with speeds up to 19 sq ft/hr at 1440 x 1440 dpi.
The eco-solvent inks can be used in an office, small print shop, or storefront since they don't require additional air purification or ventilation. The company recommends coated and uncoated media for indoor and short- to mid-term outdoor application. Applications include point-of-sale displays, vehicle graphics, transit advertising, exhibit graphics, banners, museum graphics, wayfinding, and window displays.
The VariaDot technology allows the printer to image with variable-sized drops for finer detail and smoother gradients without the need for 6-color printing. Wave Stitching allows the machine to print in a wave pattern instead of a straight line to reduce banding. Additionally, operator maintenance of the printer is limited to five min/week, according to Oce.
The printer also includes a stand and take-up unit. Optional are a take-up and tensioning system for rolls up to 66 lb, as well as Onyx PosterShop RIP.
Oce also has debuted new scrim products, which are non-fraying, include a uniform weave, and are generally available in 38-, 54- and 63-in. rolls:
* The 10-oz Scrim Banner Gloss (Scrim10G) and Matte (Scrim10M) feature smooth printing surfaces for use for a wide variety of display graphics applications.
* Scrim Banner 13 oz. Gloss (Scrim13G) and Matte (Scrim13M) are designed with greater tear strength and improved "lay-flat" features, as well as a fine weave of the scrim which creates a smooth, printable surface.
* These 13-oz Block Out Scrim Banner Gloss (ScrimBOG) and Matte (ScrimBOM), with smooth surfaces, include a 100% opaque light-blocking layer to prevent image washout in harsh backlighting conditions.
* Double-Sided Printable Scrim (Scrim2XM) is 13-oz matte-finished product with a 100% opaque light-blocking layer and a smooth surface on both sides for double-sided printing.
* Suitable for mounting onto rigid boards, PSA Vinyl Gloss (Calvin6G) and Matte (Calvin6M) are pressure-sensitive calendared vinyls with a permanent adhesive and a kraft release liner.
OCE DISPLAY GRAPHICS SYSTEMS