Epson Launches SureColor F7170 Dye-Sub Printer
New 64-in. printer joins the Epson F-Series line.
Epson America has introduced its latest dye-sublimation printer designed for the roll-to-roll digital textile market: the SureColor F7170. The new 64-in. printer joins the Epson F-Series line – which also includes the F6070 and F7070 models – and integrates true roll-to-roll support.
The F7170 offers a range of features, including:
• A new highly accurate take-up reel and substrate system designed to deliver winding accuracy between 0 and 0.19-inches on transfer-paper rolls; it’s standard on the F7170.
F7170, • A new platen engineered for transfer-paper handling, with a post heater for optimal drying times.
• A 1-in.-wide, high-performance micropiezo TFP printhead with 360 nozzles/channel capable of handling 10 separate ink channels.
• Epson UltraChrome DS Inks (CMYK), engineered to produce an extreme color gamut as well as intense blacks, sharp contours, and smooth gradations, plus extremely fast drying times, Epson reports; 1.5-liter, high-capacity refillable tanks.
• Wasatch SoftRIP TX, with specialty features for textile printing.
• Full compatibility with Epson’s line of dye-sublimation transfer papers, including the new DS Transfer Production paper for high-volume customers, as well as DS Transfer Adhesive Textile (for high-end cut-and-sew fabric and apparel production) and DS Transfer Multipurpose (for transfer applications that use either soft or rigid surfaces).
MSRP: $19,995; the Epson SureColor F7170 will begin shipping in summer 2014.