Esko Introduces Suite 14
A collection of new and updated software for sign and display makers.
Esko has added Esko Suite 14, a collection of new and updated software designed for brand owners, pre-media houses, converters, sign and display producers, and commercial printers.
Esko focused on five key trends in packaging preproduction during the development of Suite 14:
• Increasing importance of workflow automation;
• The use of smart templates to handle package variations;
• Quality as the most important driver;
• A more task-focused software user interface to drive increased efficiency; and
• Integration of the supply chain and data-sharing via the Cloud.
Suite 14 components include:
• WebCenter 14, now a 64-bit application, supports HTML 5 for the viewer and offers connectivity with third-party solutions.
• Connect software kit enables users to remove manual activities from the packaging preproduction process, driving end-to-end automation; allows integration with third-party solutions such as MIS, shipping systems, Google Maps, or other web portal or Cloud-based solutions; and automatically converts brand colors to a fixed ink setting using Equinox profiles, reducing the need for spot colors and overall ink usage.
• Updated ArtiosCAD editor allows for 3D visualization when folding corrugated and paper board.
• Visualizer effects in Illustrator offer enhanced speed and better creative decision making during the design and review process.
• Esko Store Visualizer, created in partnership with VTales Graphics, lets users place virtual objects in photographed scenes, enabling them to see their designs in an in-store setting to determine how they compare with competitive products.
Other features include CHILI Publish Integration, ArtPro+, i-cut Layout+, and more.