Extensis Debuts Universal Type Server
Font-management solution for Windows and Mac.
The Universal Type Server from Extensis is a server-based font-management solution that’s compatible with Windows as well as Macintosh workspaces, simultaneously or independently. Three editions are available-Universal Type Server Lite, Professional, and Corporate-and all tout easy-to-use tools for font-intensive workflow professionals. Features include:
* User and server administration through Web-based applications;
* Java-based server with secured SQL back-end;
* Active directory integration;
* Mobile-user support, including "offline" accessibility;
* Font-license tracking;
* Fast type activation;
* Customizable previews;
* Font library automation via classification, foundry, file type, custom key words, etc.; and
* Font Sense powered auto-activation plug-ins for Adobe InDesign and Illustrator CS2/CS3 as well as QuarkXPress 6.7 XTensions.
Universal Type Server is expected to ship this spring.