Extensis Upgrade Offers Seamless Integration
Creative assets managemment program updated.
The Extensis creative-assets-management line touts new improvements with Portfolio Server 8.5, a hub of the company’s open system. Version 8.5 fulfills the need for a flexible archive system and automated Web delivery. Portfolio Project Sync, included with Portfolio Server, offers seamless integration with Adobe CS3, allowing creative workgroups to search, access, catalog, and tag assets in the program through CS3 applications. Essentially, all parties tagged in the creative workgroup can remain in CS3 applications while distributing creative assets.
Other new capabilities include:
* Faster catalog initiations with catalog types;
* Automated metadata capture by setting custom default-field values;
* A Presets palette for consistent and standard metadata application;
* Image Watermarking, to protect assets from unauthorized distribution; and
* Tracking and demanding the use of NetPublish assets with the Assets Log.
In addition, Portfolio Server 8.5 now supports: Windows Vista; enhanced EPS and PDF file-format support; new raw camera formats such as Canon EOS-1D Mark III, Nikon D40x, Olympus E-410, E-510, and SP 550 Uz, Fuji S5 Pro, and Panasonic Fz8; and Portfolio Server SQl support.
Price: $6050; free to existing Portfolio Server users with an annual service agreement.