GMG Augments ColorProof
Version 5.4.2 has Adobe PDF Print Engine Technology.
ColorProof 4.5.2, from GMG, adds several new capabilities. The company’s latest version of its color-management proofing software now features:
* Incorporation of Adobe PDF Print Engine Technology: The implementation of Adobe PDF Print Engine Technology ensures a seamless communication with Adobe’s Acrobat and Creative Suites 2 and 3; all images displayed in Adobe Acrobat will now be identical using GMG ColorProof. The addition of Adobe technology also reduces font-handling errors, optimizes transparent handling, and offers better PDF and PDX file support, GMG reports.
* The addition of a high-quality mode for the Epson Stylus Pro 4880, 7880, and 9880, with smoother appearance.
* Halftone proof support for the HP Designjet Z6100 printer series.
* Enabled high-speed printing for the Epson Stylus Pro 4880, 7880, and 9880 models as well as for form proofs.
* 16-bit data import support.
Version 4.5.2 is free to GMG ColorProof 4.5 users and customers with service agreements.
GMG also is integrating Adobe PDF Print Engine Technology into its DotProof, FlexoProof, ColorServer, and InkOptimizer products.