HD Wide-Format Scanner Series from Contex
Seven wide-format scanners and a flatbed model.
Contex has launched its new HD Series of scanners. The line features seven wide-format scanners as well as a flatbed model. The 48-bit CCD scanners includes a high-speed USB interface with Contex's extended data transfer rate, xDTR, designed to speed up data transfer. The sheetfed scanners also feature automatic thickness-adjustment control (ATAC) for safe scanning of media up to 0.6-in. thick (the 2530 does not include ATAC).
The scanners are designed for a variety of uses in industries, including graphic and fine-art reproduction, reprographics, electronic document management and capture, and corporate and governmental in-house services, plus construction, architecture, engineering, mining, surveying, and geographical information systems.
The HD Series comprises the following models:
* Contex HD 2530: 25-in. wide, 28-in. media width, 424 dpi.
* Contex HD 3630: 36-in. wide, 44-in. max media width, 600 dpi.
* Contex HD 3650: 36-in. wide, 44-in. max media width, 600 dpi.
* Contex HD 4230: 42-in. wide, 44-in. max media width, 600 dpi.
* Contex HD 4230i: 42-in. wide with built-in Ethernet port; 44-in. max media width, 600 dpi.
* Contex HD 4250: 42-in. wide, 44-in. max media width, 600 dpi.
* Contex HD 5450: 54-in. wide, 54-in. max media width, 508 dpi.
* Contex Flex50i (flatbed): 18 x 24 scanning area, 400 dpi.
* All scanners feature a maximum resolution of 1200/9600 dpi (base/plus).