Jenoptik and Sinar Joining Forces
On camera systems and sales; then an aquisition
Recently there have been many developments in the relationship between Jenoptik and Sinar.
In January 2005, Jenoptik and Sinar AG announced they would partner to develop, manufacture, and sell professional digital camera backs. Beyond camera backs, say the companies, they will be working on a universal camera system that will be modular in nature and include a back, components, and more.
"The constantly increasing demand for highly flexible total solutions among professional photographers provides us with the challenge to offer a range of coordinated products"?from lens to image-exposure software," says Hans-Carl Koch, Sinar's chairman of board of directors. "Jenoptik possesses unique digital know-how and products geared toward the future, while Sinar has the camera system and the access to the worldwide market."
In March 2005, sales activities of the German company Jenoptik Laser,Optik,Systeme GmbH and Sinar AG from Switzerland merged with the aim of opening up the professional digital photography market. The Eyelike product range manufactured by JENOPTIK Laser,Optik, Systeme GmbH will be marketed worldwide exclusively by Sinar.
In September 2005, Jenoptik Laser, Optik, Systeme GmbH acquired a 51% stake in Sinar AG. The remaining 49% of the shares remained with Sinar Holding. The purchase price was not revealed.
In November 2005, Sinar presented their modular digital camera system--the Sinar m. The system, which is optimized for use in conjunction with Sinarback digital backs, can serve as a hand-held camera or be fitted into a Sinar p3 view camera as a shutter. In addition, the modular nature of the system allows users to shoot with a wide variety of 35mm, medium-format, and auto-focus digital lenses.