Keundo Unveils SupraQ 3300-Pro
128-in. printer can print double-sided or with two media rolls.
The new grand-format rollfed SupraQ 3300-Pro from Keundo features upgrades to the SupraQ 3300 software, a camera vision system for double-sided printing registration, and the ability to print onto two rolls of media at the same time. The printer is available with either 12 Spectra s-Class Gold SL128 heads (2/color) or 18 heads (3/color); the 18-head version offers a 30% speed improvement over the 12-head version. In addition, each printhead has a preheater to ensure that ink stays the same viscosity.
The 128-in. CMYKcm solvent-based machine can print onto a wide variety of roll media. In addition, it also allows the user to switch to Hilord dye-sub inks. The SupraQ can print directly onto solvent-compatible fabrics or transfer paper; to complete the dye-sub process, the printed graphic then has to be heatset.
Offering 4 print modes, the 12-head SupraQ boasts print speeds up to 1248 sq ft/hr in Super Draft mode (300 x 200 dpi) and 334 sq ft/hr in HQ mode (400 x 800 dpi). Other features include:
- Jumbo Roll Loading capability that supports media rolls up to 12 in. in diameter, and an optional lifting device ($4000) to help get those jumbo rolls into place;
- Software improvements include nesting, density adjusting, enhanced copy, image rotating, and multiple image queuing;
- A newly designed user-friendly interface;
- 3.5-l ink tanks/color;
- Front/back heating systems; and
- Automatic head cleaning and capping system.
Pricing: $180,000 (12-head) and $210,000 (18-head). Exclusive US distributor is ACCI.