Mohawk, Aurora Reach Partnership
Companies aim to bring printable textiles to a broader market.
Mohawk and Aurora Specialty Textiles Group have reached an agreement wherein Mohawk will add Aurora’s line of printable textiles to its portfolio as exclusive distributor. Mark Shaneyfelt, director of sales and marketing for Aurora, says in an interview with Big Picture that the partnership was a “natural fit” for the two companies as Aurora sought access to the paper merchant distribution channel and Mohawk sought to broaden its textile offerings.
“More and more printers are seeking out textiles,” he adds.
Mohawk will add 12 new printable textile media to its Wide Format Inkjet line as part of the first phase of the partnership, which will be formally announced at Dscoop this week. The products, under the tagline “Engineered by Aurora,” include:
• Printable Canvas Expressions
• Printable Textiles Linen FR
• Printable Textiles Premium Poplin LX with ColorPro Technology
• Printable Textiles Sticky Stuff 8 oz
• Printable Textiles Poly Banner Plus
• Printable Textiles Poly Woven 8 oz
• Printable Textiles Triple White FR
Mohawk will also add Printable Textiles Decoprint Pearl from SENFA, a French textile manufacturer, to their offerings.