New Digital Printing Boot Camp from Roland
Plus, ‘Born to Wrap’ workshops and more.
Roland DGA has announced its Roland University workshop schedule for 2010 will include a Digital Printing Boot Camp.
The new three-day workshop will provide detailed instruction on the top 10 sign-industry applications and attendees will complete a professional sample book of projects based on each one. The course is designed so that Roland inkjet owners leave with new skills to help expand their product lines and build stronger, more profitable digital printing businesses, the company reports. David Goetter, who has trained businesses on the fundamentals of large-format printing for 15 years, is the Boot Camp instructor.
More Boot camp specifics:
• The top 10 application demands imposed on equipment;
• How to troubleshoot and fix the top five mistakes;
• Matching your product line with customer expectations;
• Reducing waste by 50 percent;
• Inventory reduction and control;
• Comprehensive media training – what to use, when and why;
• Optimum printing and finishing processes for specific applications;
• Job scheduling and workflow;
• And more.
Dates and locations: May 11-13 and September 14-16 in Irvine, California; November 2-3 in Florida. Registration fee: $999.
“Our goal at Roland University is to help customers realize the full benefits of their Roland equipment while they develop new skills to take their businesses to the next level,” says Rick Scrimger, vice president and general manager of Roland. “This year, we have brought back our most popular classes and introduced new workshops including online options. Each is designed to provide valuable market insights and hands-on instruction.”
Other Roland workshops on the 2010 calendar include:
• “Born To Wrap” Vehicle Graphics Workshop: Now in its fourth year, this workshop teaches professionals how to profit from the growing vehicle-graphics market. Students will wrap an entire vehicle from bumper to bumper, learning how to take the job from the estimation stage to finished wrap. The class includes an overview of media and lamination options and hands-on instruction in applying digitally printed graphics. In conjunction with Digital EFX Wraps.
• Indoor and ADA Signage Workshop: Teaches the fundamentals of rotary engraving, focusing on the production of indoor and ADA signage.
• SV Series Online Workshop: The benefits of vinyl cutting with Stika portable vinyl cutters and how to produce signs, vehicle lettering, decals and digital apparel items made from a wide assortment of materials.
• R-Wear Rhinestone Apparel Decoration Workshop: How to engrave custom rhinestone motif templates with a Roland EGX engraver, and more.
• Giftware, Awards and Recognition Workshop: This workshop teaches rotary-engraving techniques for giftware, awards and recognition products.
• MPX Series Online Workshop: Introduces users to Roland’s MPX impact printers for producing custom giftware, jewelry, awards, and recognition items.
Roland DGA Corporation