New Qres Printer Revealed
Featuring up to four rows of printheads.
Qres Technologies has launched the Q200, featuring up to 32 printheads and as many as eight ink channels. The 80.7 x 128-in. UV printer is compatible with a number of irregular materials up to 3.94 in. thick, such as wood, plastic, stone, ceramic, and more. Max. resolution is 2880 dpi, and users can upgrade the standard CMYK configuration to include white, varnish, spot colors, or light colors. Print speeds reach as high as 6458 sq ft/hr in draft mode or 1496 sq ft/hr in production mode.
• A multi-zone vacuum table with an external vacuum pump, designed with four or eight independent vacuum zones
• Adjustable UV curing between 30 and 100%
• Automatic electromechanical lamp shutters that quickly open and close UV radiation for additional curing control
• A built-in anti-static bar
• An automatic printhead cleaning station featuring a purge tray, inspection light, and ventilation fan
• A 3-L bulk ink tank
• A vertical tip transport carrier that allows the machine to be tilted on its side in order to pass through a standard doorway for installation
The company’s Qpro2 print software is included, with a display that offers production status, printhead temperature, UV lamp status, ink levels, and statistical data about ink consumption. The machine is compatible with Caldera GrandRIP or ColorGate Productionserver platforms.
Optional features include crash sensors to prevent damage to printheads, UV lamps, and other parts of the print carriage; and a tandem option with dual vacuum zones that allows the operator to print a job on one half of the table while loading or unloading on the other half.