Nik Software Releases Silver Efex Pro 2
For creating high-quality black-and-white images from scanned or digital photographs.
Nik Software has announced a major upgrade to its Silver Efex Pro software, for creating high-quality black-and-white images from scanned or digital photographs. Silver Efex Pro 2 boasts an array of new features including:
• A History Browser, which facilitates intuitive comparison of previous edits and different looks;
• Dynamic Brightness, to enable adaptive brightening adjustments for different areas in the image;
• Amplify Blacks and Amplify Whites, to increase the presence of highlights and shadows adaptively throughout the image;
• Visual Presets categorized by photographic style;
• Soft Contrast, which applies contrast intelligently, based on image details;
• Fine Structure, to bring out small details and textures;
• Image Borders, to use organic image elements to create unique and random borders;
• Selective colorization, for easily adding color elements back into images; and
• GPU Processing, to take advantage of the processors found on advanced display adapters.
Silver Efex Pro 2 installs as a plug-in for Photoshop, Lightroom 2, and Apple Aperture.
Price: $199.95; an upgrade from the first version costs $99.95.