Print Planet Examines Wide-Format Automation
A white paper sponsored by Enfocus.
Print Planet, a peer-to-peer communications network for business- and production specific-information, and Enfocus have teamed to develop a white paper focused on automation in wide-format print production workflow. The free report, “A Tale of Two Cities: The Past, Present, and Future of Workflow Automation,” was penned by industry analyst Richard Romano and compares two “cities” of printing: wide format and commercial. Questions considered in the paper include:
• What kinds of processes can be automated?
• What are the criteria for a process to be automated?
• What have been the benefits of – and challenges to – automation for commercial printers?
• What are the benefits of – and challenges to – automation for wide format?
• How can automation strengthen the relationship between printer and client, especially in the retail sector?
• What is the future of automation?