Screen Expands Chicagoland Demo Center
Customers can see and test-print various printers in newly reconstructed 12,000-square-foot facility.
Screen (USA) has completed its newly reconstructed and redecorated Demonstration Center in Rolling Meadows, Illinois, just outside of Chicago.
Boasting more than 12,000 square feet of demonstration space as well as two visitor lounges, the new center features several high-speed Truepress inkjet printers that are used for various applications, including transactional, transpromotional, direct mail, signs, displays, industrial, textile and other general graphics printwork. The machines at the Center include:
• Truepress Jet2500UV: wide-format printer incorporating an 8-level grayscale printhead, offering resolutions from 300 to 1500 dpi;
• Truepress Jet 520: high-speed color inkjet press with variable-data capabilities;
• Truepress Jet 520 ZZ: continuous-feed, single-pass high-speed press with variable-data capabilities;
• Truepress 344: 4-color, digital offset press; and
• Truepress JetSX: sheet-fed 20 x 29-inch (B2-sized) duplex inkjet press -- added in March, this variable printing system is designed for the commercial sheetfed printing market, including short-run, fast-turnaround, high-registration accuracy work.
“The Demonstration Center is located just a short 15-minute car ride from Chicago’s O’Hare International Airport, offering easy ‘in-and-out, same-day demos,’” says Tom Leibrandt with Screen (USA). “In addition, the customer can see and test-print various printing units from high-speed web, sheetfed, and wide-format printing, maximizing time and exposure to various hardware and related software solutions, in a single trip.”