Seiko Announces ColorPainter M-64s Printer
New printer offers low odor and high speed for indoor and outdoor applications.
Seiko Instruments has announced the ColorPainter M-64s, the company’s new low-odor mild-solvent, high-speed inkjet printer.
The M-64s offers 64-inch-wide printing in 6 or 7 colors, with speeds up to 716 sq ft/hr (535 sq ft/hr in Fast Production mode). Seiko reports that the machine’s high-speed printing capability was developed specifically to address the growing demand for high productivity from the signage and indoor-graphics markets.
New features on the M-64s include low-odor, high-speed SX inks, including the use of a gray ink on the 7-color model. The addition of gray improves real monochrome printing with no color shift, and offers smoother gradations in color prints, Seiko reports.
Other features include:
• Smart Pass Technology 4: Seiko’s banding-reduction function features a new dot-control algorithm that results in superior image quality for indoor applications, the company reports.
• Smart Nozzle Mapping 2: An upgraded Smart Nozzle Mapping function better hides missing nozzles when clogs occur.
• Dynamic Dot Printing Technology: Controls and optimizes dot size and dot density to make consistently rich bold glossy colors with fine details; also facilitates high density printing without speed loss.
• Improved Media Takeup Unit: Now handles media roll weights up to 110lbs. A new loose mode minimizes the potential for transfer of ink from the printed surface to the liner, and a new slide-out mechanism makes for easier media loading and unloading.
• Remote communication function: The machine’s CP Manager software can notify an operator by email or a Twitter message. CP Manager can be operated directly from a PC, tablet, or cell phone.
The ColorPainter M-64s comes bundled with Onyx RIP Center SIIT edition.