SGIA Award Competitions Celebrate Innovation
Five competitions for print providers, vendors, industry professionals, and students.
The upcoming SGIA Expo—held in New Orleans, October 7-9—will include five awards competitions. Print providers, manufacturers/suppliers, and others allied to the field are encouraged to submit their best work/product or nominate their colleagues for these awards that showcase innovative imaging and technologies.
“SGIA award competitions honor technological advancements and innovative ideas that are moving the specialty-imaging industry forward,” says Michael Robertson, SGIA president and CEO.
This year’s SGIA competitions include:
• Golden Image (including André Schellengerg): Every entrant is considered for the “Best in Show” (digital and screen printing categories) and “Best in Creativity” (digital printing). Deadline is September 25.
• Product of the Year: Suppliers can submit leading equipment and supplies that have impacted wide-format digital imaging. Deadline is September 25.
• Howard Parmele Award: SGIA’s highest honor recognizes ongoing commitments of a professional who has advanced specialty imaging’s products, services, or overall image. Deadline is July 15.
• Innovator Award: Industry professionals who have made a strong, lasting impact on the industry. They must work or have worked at a printing/imaging company or a company that supplies materials, equipment or technical information. Deadline is September 1.
• ASPT Student Awards Competition: Students in secondary or post-secondary schools holding SGIA membership can enter a variety of screen and digital imaging categories. Deadline is July 17.
All award entries are showcased and evaluated during the 2009 SGIA Expo in the Golden Image Gallery.