Sustainability Starting Points for Every Shop
Ready to go green but not sure where to start? We've got you covered.
June 26, 2018
- Start recycling.
- If you already recycle, explore what else you can recycle or repurpose.
- Reuse packing materials.
- Use paper backing and substrate excess as packing material.
- Eliminate antiquated technology.
- Consider a box-making machine.
- Find suppliers who offer quality green products – or will work with you to develop what you need.
- Swap out incandescent lighting for LEDs for cost/energy savings.
- Research federal and local grants and rebates that could offset your costs for recycling or purchasing more efficient printers.
- Explore local or regional certifications and organizations.
- Get organized: Track everything.
Read more from Big Picture's April 2018 "A Smaller Footprint" sustainability feature.
View more from this Big Picture issue