Vidar Updates Scanner Family
Seven rollfed wide-format color/mono scanners feature upgrades in hardware and firmware.
Vidar has updated its entire line of seven rollfed wide-format color/mono scanners. With upgrades in both hardware and firmware, all of the company’s wide-format scanners capture color at 48 bit and graytone at 16 bit.
Each scanner is available in Base or Plus models, with the differences being speed and resolution. Base and Plus units offer true resolutions from 200 to 600 dpi; the Base units have an enhanced resolution of 1200 dpi, while Plus scanners have an enhanced resolution of 9600 dpi. The color-scanning speed of the Base unit is generally doubled or tripled in the Plus unit.
These units can scan media up to 15-mm thick, have USB 2.0 connectivity, and offer Automatic Thickness Adjustment Control. In addition, the new scanner names all include a superscript "e" designation for energy, because all are RoHS and Energy Star compliant.
The new scanners include:
* The Lynx 25e is 25-in. wide, features a 424-dpi resolution, speeds up to 0.5 in./sec at 400-dpi and 24-bit color (1.5 in./sec for Plus), a 32,000-pxl CCD, batch scanning, and one-touch scanning, copying, and e-mailing.
* Select 600e is a 36-in. scanner and offers a 30,000-pxl CCD, a 600-dpi resolution with speeds up to 0.6/1.0 in./sec in Base/Plus units at 400 dpi and 24-bit color.
* The 36-in. Atlas 600e features a 77,000-pxl CCD sensor, a 600-dpi resolution with speeds up to 1.5/3.0 in./sec in base/plus units at 400 dpi and 24-bit color.
* Featuring a 77,000-pxl CCD sensor, the Nova 36e is a 36-in. scanner with a 200-dpi resolution and speeds up to 1.5/3.0 in./sec for 400-dpi and 24-bit color.
* The 42-in. Surveyor 600e features a 90,000-pxl CCD, a 600-dpi resolution (1200/9600-dpi enhanced resolution for Base/Plus) and speeds up to 0.6/1.0 for 24-bit color at 400 dpi.
* Spectra 600e is a 42-in. scanner with a 90,000-pxl CCD sensor offers a 600-dpi resolution (1200/9600-dpi resolutions for Base/Plus models) and speeds up to 1/5/3.0 in Base/Plus models at 400 dpi and 24-bit color.
* The widest of the Vidar line is the Latitude 600e at 54 in. With a 120,000-pxl CCD, it features a 600-dpi resolution (1200/9600-dp enhanced resolution for Base/Plus) with speeds up to 1.5/3.0 in./sec at 400 dpi and 24-bit color.