Xerox Introduces iGen3 90 Press
Designed as entry-level machine for lower-volume print providers.
Xerox has extended its iGen line of digital production presses with the release of the iGen3 90. Printing up to 90 impressions/min (based on 7 x 7-in. images), the new iGen offers many of the same features and options as its bigger brother, the iGen3 110. The iGen3 90 is designed to be an entry point to this market for print providers who have lower print volumes and available capital.
Like the 110, the iGen3 90 features SmartSize Technology, which maximizes the page throughput per run, based on paper size (fitting more pages on the imaging belt). In addition, the 90 also shares these 110 features:
- Offers 600 x 600-dpi resolutions,
- Utilizes CMYK SmartPress dry inks,
- Accommodates various stock weights and sheet sizes up to 14.23 x 20.5 in., and
- Is equipped with two paper trays (30,000-sheet capacity), and
- Offers a choice of three color servers: Xerox FreeFlow DocuSP, Creo Spire, and EFI Fiery.
The modular system allows customers to expand the machine's capabilities as needed. Several media-feed options are available, including a roll feeder/sheeter"?the equivalent of 50,000 additional sheets. In addition, the iGen3 90 is compatible with an array of in-line finishing machines"?stackers, laminators, hole punchers, booklet makers, and perfect-bound book makers"?to speed product production from beginning to end.