Also debuts new Creative Cloud offering.
Adobe Systems has announced its Adobe Creative Suite 6 (CS6) product line as well as the subscription-based Adobe Creative Cloud.
The company’s new CS6 releases include 14 CS6 applications and four Creative Suites – Adobe Creative Suite 6 Design & Web Premium, Adobe Creative Suite 6 Design Standard, Adobe Creative Suite 6 Production Premium, and the Adobe Creative Suite 6 Master Collection.
New Photoshop CS6 features include:
• Content-Aware Patch: Allows greater control by letting users choose the sample area used to create a patch.
• Adobe Mercury Graphics Engine: Speeds up imaging and editing tasks, and allows for faster processing of large images.
• New and re-engineered design tools: Type styles enable consistent formatting; vector layers apply strokes and add gradients to vector objects; custom strokes and dashed lines are easily created; quick layers search; and more.
• Blur Gallery: A new interface with on-image and in-context controls allows users to quickly create photographic blur effects including tilt-shift effects, blur everything with one focal point, or vary the blurriness between multiple focal points.
• Intuitive Video Creation: A range of new video tools to create and enhance any video clip
• Photoshop CS6 Extended adds advanced tools for 3D design, image, and video editing.
In addition, Illustrator CS6, which also features the Mercury Peformance System, debuts a revamped modern interface, and now features a new image-tracing engine, easy pattern creation, and the ability to apply gradients to strokes, plus 64-bit support for Mac OS and Windows. InDesign CS6 features new Adaptive Design Tools including Alternate Layout, Liquid Layout, Content Collector Tools, and Linked Content. And Adobe Muse is a new tool enabling designers to create and publish HTML5 websites without writing code.
The company’s new Adobe Creative Cloud subscription-based offering provides users with the ability to download and install all Adobe CS6 applications. Some specifics:
• Creative Cloud membership provides users with access to download and install new Adobe CS6 applications as well as two new HTML5 products – the aformentioned Adobe Muse and Adobe Edge preview.
• It integrates Adobe’s creative tablet applications, such as Photoshop Touch, and is designed to seamlessly synchronize and storing files in the cloud for sharing and access on any device.
• Creative Cloud members can deliver mobile apps to iOS and Android marketplaces and publish, manage, and host websites.
• Members also will have access to application upgrades before they are launched as part of major CS updates, as well as new products and services as they emerge. Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 will be offered as part of Creative Cloud membership in the future, the company reports.
Pricing: Adobe Creative Suite 6 Design & Web Premium, $1899; Adobe Creative Suite 6 Design Standard, $1299; Adobe Creative Suite 6 Production Premium, $1899; and Adobe Creative Suite 6 Master Collection, $2599. Estimated street price for Photoshop CS6 is $699; $999 for Photoshop CS6 Extended (upgrades are available).
Adobe Creative Cloud membership for individuals is $49.99 per month based on annual membership and $74.99 per month based on month-to-month membership, and includes access to Photoshop CS6 Extended. A special introductory offer of $29.99 per month for CS3, CS4, CS5 and CS5.5 individual customers is also available.