Plus Anapurna Mv and M4f
Agfa Graphics has added three new printers to its Anapurna inkjet family: the Anapurna XLS, the Anapurna Mv, and the Anapurna M4f.
The new Anapurna XLS is specifically designed to cope with heavy workloads while providing photographic quality at high-production speeds. The UV-curable machine can accommodate rigid material as well as rollfed up to 100-in. wide and thicknesses up to 45 mm (1.77 in.), while hitting speeds as fast as 44 sq m/hr [approximately 474 sq ft/hr]. Applications include billboards, posters, P-O-P, fleet graphics, exhibit and stage graphics, and more.
The XLS, configured as 2 x 4 CMYK, is built around Agfa’s Universal PrintHead (UPH) technology, a piezo shared-wall printhead with resolutions ranging from 720 to 1440 dpi. Each head has 764 nozzles. Agfa reports that its Anapurna XLS inks have been developed for optimum jetting reliability, image quality, and adhesion to a wide variety of media for both indoor and outdoor applications. The inks, says Agfa, have a shelf life of 18 mo.
Other XLS features include:
* Flush brush: An automated maintenance system that removes debris and ink residue.
* Accurate media transport: The transport system features a special clamping system to prevent media from slipping or moving, whether printing roll material or rigid.
* High ink autonomy: 5-liter cans per color plus an internal ink buffer system containing an additional 5 liters per color.
* External lamp chilling: An external chilling system keeps the temperature of the printer’s three UV lamps within range and manages the heat dissipation within the system.
* Head-positioning device: The head-positioning device keeps the nozzle plate of all heads 100% parallel with the substrates at all times.
* Special designed trolleys: Roll trolleys enable easy and ergonomical loading and unloading of all kinds of flexible media.
The Anapurna Mv and Anapurna M4f printers are both based upon the designs of the company’s existing Anapurna M model. Both can accommodate a maximum media width of 62.2 in., produce a high-end resolution of 1440 dpi, and boast a print speed of 14 sq m/hr [approximately 151 sq ft/hr].
Both the Mv and M4f printers also use 14-picoliter Konica-Minolta printheads as well as Agfa-made UV-curable Anapurna inks. The flatbed/rollfed Mv is a 6-color printer (CMYKcm) that also adds two extra printheads dedicated to jetting varnish, providing the capability to add gloss effects to enhance the look and feel of a graphic. Varnish can be added in spot areas as well as overall varnish.
The, M4f, CMYK-configured, is positioned as a rigid printer only, with roll-to-roll as an option; it becomes the entry-level UV-ink printer in Agfa’s Anapurna family.
All three new Anapurna machines feature an Agfa Edition Wasatch RIP. Borderless and dual-board printing also are standard on all three machines.