Five new recyclable substrates.
Cooley Digital Products has introduced its EnviroFlex line of lightweight and recyclable media for billboards, banners, and other digital applications. Engineered for both UV-curable and solvent inks, the products are constructed of PE, PP, polyester, and PVC which makes them up to 60% lighter than the industry-standard 12-oz substrate.
EnviroFlex also offers responsible disposal options; the products can all be recycled using Cooley's Re-Flex program (see below) or reused (into tarps, roofing liners, etc.) depending on its composition. The EnviroFlex line includes:
* Recommended for bulletins and banners, the 7-oz EnviroFlex Lite is a PVC and polyester substrate which can be recycled or reused and is available in rolls up to 196-in. wide.
* The EnviroFlex Lite Hi-Res, a 5-oz PVC/polyester comes in widths up to 196 in., can be used for bulletins and banners, and is recommended for reuse only.
* EnviroFlex Polyflex Lite is a 5.5-oz substrate with a PE and polyester construction for bulletin and banner applicaitons, which can be reused or recycled.
* The 3.8-oz EnviroFlex Polyposter is a 10 x 10 woven PE for use as banners and 30-sheet poster, and is available in widths up to 150 in.
* The non-woven EnviroFlex Polyposter Hi-Res is a recyclable 4-oz PE/PP media that offers a 90-day outdoor durability, can be used for banners and 30-sheet posters, and is available in 126-in. rolls.
In addition, Cooley offers environmentally sensitive customers an opportunity to recycle printed billboards and other Cooley-printed applications. The company's Re-Flex recycling program allows clients to ship used Cooley products the closest fibrous waste recycler. The recycler chops up the billboard and separates the PVC from the polyester via a technique used by the carpet industry to recycle carpet tiles for past 10 yr. The recovered polyester is used as filler for synthetic decking or plastic shingles. The recycled PVC is used by Cooley to make its Single Ply Roofing, a commercial roofing product.
COOLEY DIGITAL PRODUCTS
Did you enjoy this article? Click here to subscribe to the magazine.