New suite of image editing, capture, tracing, and training tools.
Corel has released CorelDraw Graphics Suite X4, featuring an array of new or enhanced features. In addition to CorelDraw X4, the suite includes Corel Photo-Paint X4 image-editing software, Corel PowerTrace X4 for tracing bitmaps, Corel Capture, and various training tools.
The new features include:
* Live text formatting, allowing users to preview text-formatting options prior to applying them.
* Font identification, created in conjunction with WhatTheFont, identifies fonts used in existing designs, artwork, or other files.
* User-controlled and independent page layers, allowing for layer editing and reducing the occurrence of pages with empty layers.
* An interactive table tool, allowing users to create and import tables with text and graphics.
* CorelDraw ConceptShare integrates an online collaboration tool into the user workflow, allowing users to share designs and ideas in real time.
* Professionally designed templates and customizable templates offer a starting point for the design process.
* Font options are expanded with [how many] new specialized fonts.
* A 'straighten-image' option analyzes and easily corrects photos that were taken or scanned off-kilter.
In addition, CorelDraw Graphics Suite X4 offers: enhanced integration with Windows Vista; a new welcome screen that provides quick access to recently used documents; support of raw file formats for more than 300 camera types; an enhanced tone curve adjustments feature for greater adjustment precision; a new Eyedropper tool.
Price: $429 ($199 for the upgrade).