At OnDemand Expo, print providers move toward a blended workflow.
Xerox (www.xerox.com) demonstrated its new Xerox 8265 Wide Format Color Printer, which is currently only available in Europe but is expected to be available in North America later this year. Utilizing eco-solvent inks, the 8265 is geared toward indoor and outdoor point-of-purchase displays, presentation graphics, banners, vehicle graphics, floor graphics and wall murals. The 8265 prints 65-in.- wide images at up to 172 feet per hour; resolution tops out at 720 dpi. (Editor's note: The Xerox UK website also shows a mild-solvent wide-format printer as well, although there is no indication if that machine will be sold in the US.)
Other products shown at OnDemand include: The Xerox Nuvera 288 Digital Perfecting System; the Xerox 4595 Digital Copier/Printer, a 95 page-per-minute model; the Xerox 4110 Digital Copier/Printer with a FreeFlow DocuSP controller, providing customized output at 110 ppm; new finishing options for the Xerox DocuTech 128 and 155 Highlight Color Systems (and availability of custom-blended colors for use in critical spot-color applications); the DocuColor 260 Digital Color Printer/Copier; the new DocuColor 242 and 252 Digital Color Printer/Copiers; and two new workflow tools: the FreeFlow Print Server 6.0 and FreeFlow Process Manager MAX (Manifest Automation from Xerox).
XMPie (www.xmpie.com), now owned by Xerox, introduced a new release of its Web-to-print solution, UStore. Enhancements include:
* Job Aggregation - Multiple, individual print job orders can be merged into a single print stream and sorted by a data point.
* Database Recipient List - uStore can now connect directly to an SQL database.
* Plug-in Architecture - XMPie expanded uStore's plug-in architecture, which allows XMPie customers to create customized plug-ins that enhance the capabilities of uStore to improve workflow and customize the user interface.
* Advanced Drop-Down Lists - Users can now save and repurpose the data for drop-down lists that appear in the store interface; for example, a list of state abbreviations.
* Order ID and Product ID Variables: This capability allows users to print the Order ID and Product ID next to the document.
Meanwhile, Bitstream (www.bitstream.com) debuted an enhanced version of its Pageflex Storefront product, which will be available this summer. This release of Storefront includes several key features that enable customers to expand their product offering and tap into the profitable consumer market.
Did you enjoy this article? Click here to subscribe to the magazine.