Brand Owner panel will feature Frito Lay, Nutraceutical Corp., and Procter & Gamble.
Dscoop is poised for its fifth annual conference—Dscoop 5—which takes place February 18-20, 2010, at the Gaylord Texan Resort and Convention Center in Dallas.
Founded in 2005, Dscoop (the Digital Solutions Cooperative) is an independent community of graphic-arts business owners and technical professionals who use HP equipment and related solutions, including Indigo and Scitex. The group, as well as the event, is focused on “educating and connecting its members with each other and with HP to improve members’ business growth, efficiency and profitability.”
The event’s educational lineup will include various single-presenter and panel seminars, including:
• Partnering with Your Clients--Commercial Printers’ Success Stories: Cober Printing and Manulife; GSB Inc. and CS Design; Shutterfly and O Group; and Today’s Graphics Inc. and Navistar.
• A Brand Owner Panel: Frito Lay, Nutraceutical Corp., and Procter & Gamble discuss the pros and cons of digital printing. Moderated by Chris Lyons, publisher of Package Design magazine, sister publication to The Big Picture.
• Emerging Market Opportunities for Wide Format Print: Barb Pellow, InfoTrends.
• Partnering with Your Clients--Large Format Printers’ Success Stories: Jim Blee, Graphic Tech; Regan Mahoney, Splash!; Jim Niner, Creative Graphic Services.
• The Sustainable Green Printing Partnership: Karen Gross, SGP Partnership .
• Operation Direct Mail: Stephen Watson of The National World War II Museum discusses techniques the museum has deployed to grow a file of donors despite an aging core demographic, where the museum’s direct marketing program is headed in the future; and the challenges to the non-profit industry.
In addition, Dscoop 5 will host more than 80 companies in its Solutions Showcase exhibit hall, which will be 20 percent larger than last year. In addition to HP, companies will include: Adobe, Avery Dennison, Caldera, EFI, EskoArtwork, FlexCon, FlexMag, GBC, GMG, Legion Paper, MacTac, Neschen, Transilwrap, X-Rite, Zund, and many more.
See the Dscoop5 website for complete listings of all educational events and companies exhibiting.
Registration fee: $1100 (non-members); $595 (members).