New series of flatbed printers.
Eastech’s new EJ series of flatbed printers utilize Eastech’s water-based Magic ink, which the company reports can image onto all types of surfaces without precoating, including glass, tile, mirror, plastic, polycarbonate, PVC, fabrics, and more. These printers can also utilize solvent, mild-solvent, or UV-curable inks as well; customers need to choose the inkset upon purchase.
The EJ printers employ an Epson K3 printhead that produces ink droplets as small as 1.5 pl. Armed with a moving bed instead of moving heads to achieve accuracy, the printers accommodate media up to 4-cm thick and include an SAi PhotoPrint Eastech Edition RIP. An option to increase the thickness of media to 10 cm is available.
The EJ series includes:
* The 24 x 71-in. EJ-7000 magic flatbed-offers 4- or 8-color options. Price: $40,000.
* The EJ-9000 magic printer-has a 43 x 71-in. bed with a choice of 4- or 8-color inks. Print speeds for 11 x 17-in. pages range from 5.1 min at 360 x 360 dpi to 81.7 min at 2880 x 1440 dpi. Price: $50,000.
* The 47 x 71-in. EJ-1200 magic-a 4-color machine with increased speed, up to 140 sq ft/hr in 720 x 720-dpi 4-pass, bi-directional mode. Price: $55,000.
* EJ-1600 magic-a 63 x 71-in. flatbed with a 4-color inkset. It reaches speeds of 142 sq ft/hr in 720 x 720-dpi, 4-pass, bi-directional mode.
* The EJ-2600 magic-a 102 x 118-in. 4-color printer. Price: $120,000.
The Eastech US distributor is Equipment Zone (www.equipmentzone.com).
Did you enjoy this article? Click here to subscribe to the magazine.