Suitable for a wider variety of printers.
Previously only available for its Vutek superwide systems, EFI's Fiery XF production-printing solution is now available for numerous OEMs' large-format printers, including Epson, HP, Mimaki, Mutoh, and Roland, as well as Vutek. The Fiery XF is designed for print-service providers, especially manufacturers of sign, displays, and decor for indoor and outdoor use.
Based on EFI's Colorproof XF product and Bestcolor Technology, Fiery XF is available in three versions-Essential, Advanced, and Premium. Features include:
* Color and color management: Color-management tools such as Intelligent Clean Colors and Full Gamut Color aid in all image areas as well as highly precise and correct colors where they are needed, such as skin tones, grays, and spot colors.
* Adobe Configurable Postscript Software Interpreter: Users can directly process images based on Adobe Postscript Level 3 to ensure correct interpretation of transparencies and overprints.
* Fiery XF Spot Color Option: Reproduces spot colors digitally by maximizing and fully utilizing a printer’s color space to ensure accuracy and consistency.
* Multi-tasking capabilities: Can process various jobs at the same time in real-time, allowing for RIP-while-print, print-while-profile, and profile-while-RIP.
* Monitor Profile Selection tool: Allows client's monitors to be calibrated and profiled into a soft-proofing workstation.
Other wide-format specific features include step-and-repeat, tiling and nesting for printing various files, file formats and color spaces simultaneously on one device, and color consistency for production optimization.
In addition, EFI has completed Canon's compatibility testing through its Alliance Program, ensuring EFI's Bestcolor Technology-driven Colorproof XF is compatible with Canon's large format devices in the imageProGraf printer line. Canon will now promote Colorproof XF for its printers through co-marketing and awareness initiatives for members of the photography, prepress, CAD/GIS, signage and scan/copy industries.
Did you enjoy this article? Click here to subscribe to the magazine.