Other new technologies and products also announced during Connect Conference in Vegas.
EFI's new Vutek GS3250LX is a new production-level UV printer utilizing “cool cure” LED technology. The LED-lamp technology allows the machine to consume less energy, increases uptime and requires less maintenance, and expands the range of substrates that can be printed on, EFI reports.
The printer features an 8-color inkset (CMYKcmyk) + white, a selectable dual resolution of 600 or 1000 dpi, and a print speed up to 2400 sq ft/hr in Fast-5 (4-color+white) mode (1200 sq ft/hr in 8-color+white mode). The GS3250LX can accommodate flexible or rigid substrates up to 126.5 in. and up to 2-in. thick; it is also multi-roll capable (two 60-in. rolls).
Other features include: instant on/off; a precision alignment fence of accurate board alignment; an enhanced Fiery XF 4.5 RIP; and more. Options include a heavy-duty unwinder, extension table, and small-depth extension table. EFI reports that Vutek GS2000 machines will be able to be upgraded to LED technology in the future.
The GS3250LX was just one of several technologies makings their debut during the 12th annual Connect Users Conference, held at the Wynn hotel in Las Vegas in April. In addition to a broad array of educational sessions, user group meetings, speakers, and exhibitors, the more than 1000 conference attendees were able to see demonstrations and test drive in the lab area the latest EFI products before their official release.
A highlight of the lab area was the Digital Workflow Experience, which showed an integrated workflow from submission to output. The demonstration followed a job from EFI Digital StoreFront Web-to-print solution, to both EFI Pace and EFI Monarch print MIS systems, to Fiery XF production RIP, and then to an EFI Vutek printer.
"This year's lab area has the largest diversity of demos and products across our portfolio ever shown at Connect, a perfect match to our largest-ever group of customer attendees," says Frank Mallozzi, EFI’s senior vice president of worldwide sales and marketing. "Everything is in one spot, and customers can see the 'latest and greatest' features and upcoming enhancements before they are available. This is a huge draw for attendees, and we value the great input we receive from them during the conference, as we constantly strive to exceed customer expectations with each offering.”
Conference attendees could see and become familiar with an array of new products and technologies, including:
• A new PrintStream Fulfillment module for Pace and Monarch;
• The recently launched EFI Radius Small Business Edition and the latest version of Radius Enterprise Edition;
• The upcoming version of EFI Pace, highlighting Vutek, Fiery print servers, and Fiery XF integration, scheduling enhancements, a new mobile Web application, and a new Outlook plug-in;
• A preview of the forthcoming edition of EFI Monarch, showing a new Mailing Module, new Purchasing System, and other updates;
• A preview of the next version of EFI Digital StoreFront, including new DSF Forums, an online user community; Google Analytics, for tracking user behavior online; a new tax-preparation service; and enhanced Fiery integration, including handling of mixed media; and
• The company’s Jetrion 4830 and the Rastek H652 printers, along with proofing products, including the newest versions of Colorproof XF and Fiery XF.
The 2012 Connect conference will return to the Wynn resort April 10-13, 2012.