Studio 16 includes finishing effects and more.
Esko’s newest version of Studio, a 3D packaging design software, has been revealed. The platform adds functionality to Esko’s Adobe Illustrator packaging workflow, allowing designers to visualize package designs directly within the program.
New features include:
• User tools such as snap to align while moving, vertical collision edge and detection, and nudge
• The ability to apply different artwork to the same structures in product lineups and multi-product combinations
• Tools to select materials and apply print effects, allowing designers to compare the result of different effects
• The addition of realistic visuals such as floor shadows and light source angles
• Automated scripting with new export options
• Display of barcodes, pricing, and other metadata
• Web-based HTML5 3D Studio Viewer, available in mobile and desktop versions
Studio is available in two bundles: Studio Essentials for designing cartons, bottles, trays, and displays; and Studio Advanced for complex packaging shapes such as flexible bags and shrink sleeves.
The company has also added Studio Store Visualizer 16 for viewing package designs on the shelf. The program allows brand owners to view a full product launch, including packaging, displays, and other branded items, in 3D. The update enables integration with planogram systems for visualizing virtual 3D stores. It is also compatible with some virtual reality goggles. Available in Advanced and Prime versions.
Did you enjoy this article? Click here to subscribe to the magazine.