Update replaces Scope nameplate.
Esko has introduced Esko Software Suite 7, a complete update of its design and production software tools for packaging. The update replaces the company’s Scope nameplate.
Esko Software Suite 7 is fully compatible with Adobe’s latest PDF standards and Creative Suite application versions. Native support for all Adobe Illustrator blending modes speeds up workflows (because file flattening is reduced to an absolute minimum, the company reports), and Suite 7 adds new capabilities for variable-data digital printing as well as JDF integration with business systems. Suite 7 components include:
* Esko ArtiosCAD, for structural design of folding carton and corrugated packaging and for manufacturing of die-cutting tools;
* Esko DeskPack, packaging plug-ins for Adobe Creative Suite applications;
* Esko Plato, controls step-and-repeat operations for packages and labels;
* Esko BackStage, for workflow automation, error-reduction, and JDF-based system integration;
* Esko FlexRip and associated screening options for high-quality output to a wide range of digital presses, proofers, and CTP devices;
* Esko Kaleidoscope, ICC-compatible color management for multi-color printing; and
* Esko WebCenter, for on-line collaboration and efficient approval workflows.
Esko Software Suite 7 availability is planned for July 2007.
Did you enjoy this article? Click here to subscribe to the magazine.