Company has also launched new educational website.
EskoArtwork is now making available Neo 2.0, its native PDF 1.7 editor, offering full-scale PDF editing and full access to all Enfocus PitStop functionality. A standalone PDF viewer and editor, Neo 2.0 allows users to easily correct text and object content in multipage PDF files for efficient, last-minute file updates and corrections.
Neo 2.0 provides users with the ability to edit virtually anything within the PDF document, including fonts, traps, and page boxes. This native PDF editing capability eliminates the need to revert to the original document for changes and corrections, saving time and streamlining the prepress process.
New features of Neo 2.0 include:
* Full compatibility with PitStop Professional 08: Any PDF file can now be preflighted directly in Neo without the need to first save the file as a Certified PDF.
* Support for PitStop Action Lists: PitStop Pro Action Lists can be applied to any document open in Neo; any change made in Neo will immediately be available in PitStop Professional.
* Extended text editing: Text editing now supports linked text blocks, making it easy to make changes to text that influences more than one text block. Any text block can be linked to another text block on the same page.
* PDF flattening: Flattening has been added to Neo, allowing flattening of files to any PDF version.
* Floating license: The floating license accommodates environments where only occasional edits are required, with the ability to share licenses across multiple operators.
In other news, EskoArtwork has developed, in partnership with France-based Alwan Color Expertise, Alwan PDF Standardizer, an automation, preflight, and color application. The new product allows print providers to easily preflight and normalize PDFs before placing them into production; it also is designed to allow content creators to more easily produce predictable, problem-free PDFs. Other features include: out-of-the-box compliance with ISO 12647 and 15930 color requirements; dynamic color management; transparency flattening; conversion of source PDF files into reliable PDFs for printing in any environment; and integration with many existing workflows. Price on the Alwan PDF Standardizer: $10,000; available January 2009.
The company also has announced that it has launched Crossroads (www.crossroads-world.com) a new website for education, tools, and functionality for partners, customers, and consultants of solutions for its Enfocus Switch product. The site is designed to draw together a community of software vendors offering automation products for publishing workflows, including applications from suppliers such as Adobe, Alwan, Callas, EFI, PerfectProof, Quark, and Ultimate.