New educational sessions also to be presented.
Exhibitor bookings for FESPA Mexico World Expo 2008--to be held at the Centro Banamex in Mexico City, August 21-23, 2008--have exceeded expectations, with over a third of the event’s total bookings bought by new exhibitors, show officials report.
"We are delighted with the enthusiasm that we have had from exhibitors and we are particularly thrilled with the response that we have had from first-time exhibitors,' says Michael Ryan, FESPA event manager and coordinator of the Mexico show. 'After acquiring the event earlier this year, a key aim was to expand the show under the FESPA brand. We successfully managed to do this, having increased the floor space by 25 per cent to accommodate new exhibitors, which comprise over a third of the event’s total exhibitors."
Prominent industry brands including Canon, Durst, EFI, Epson, Fujifilm Sericol, Gandi Innovations, HP, and Sawgrass will exhibit at FESPA Mexico World Expo 2008. In addition, say show officials, there will also be a strong show presence from local screen and digital distributors, including Casa Diaz, DPI, Graficolor, Nazdar, Plastimundo, Rodatec, Sagaro, Sanchez, Swisstec, Serigrafia de Alta Technologia (MHM agent), Ultraflex and Wide Media.
Also on tap at FESPA Mexico will be a new conference program. The 2008 expo will feature presentations from a number of industry experts discussing a variety of topics, including:
* Scott Fresener, founder of the U.S. Screen Print & Inkjet Technology, and an Adobe expert, will present, 'How to Fix Bad Artwork.' He'll also analyze the state of the garment industry in his 'Direct-to-Garment' session.
* Nicholas Hellmuth, founder of FLAAR, will discuss how UV-curable printers differ from solvent and eco-solvent inkjet printers, and will also examine applications and profit potential with UV curable inkjet printers.
* Frazer Chesterman, FESPA managing director, will present a session on 'Printing for Profit.'
* Juan Carlos Sacco, Conlatingraf president, will analyze the Latin American market, the services it provides and its role in international trade.
* Charlie Taublieb, textile printing expert, will hold 'Charlie’s Corner,' a set of screenprinting/textile workshops.
'Our program of knowledge-sharing initiatives are designed to support printers on a range of topical issues of interest to them and offers them the opportunity to learn about new technologies, applications and the latest industry developments,' says Ryan. 'Attendees will have the chance to hear world-leading print authorities discuss a variety of issues, consider the future for large format printing, and understand the opportunities in the digital printing market to help them grow their businesses and become more profitable."
FESPA Mexico World Expo is the former imageWorld, acquired from ST Media Group International (www.stmediagroup.com)--parent company to The Big Picture magazine--in the spring of 2008.
FESPA MEXICO WORLD EXPO 2008
Did you enjoy this article? Click here to subscribe to the magazine.