Eight points of interest for the upcoming Orlando show, which takes place April 23-26.
The Hosted Design & Architect program is also back for the second year, and has been expanded to include more than 50 hosted emerging professionals. “ISA has partnered with SEGD and its Design+Connections education event, and for the first time these two events will leverage the strength of one another to increase the value the design community brings to the sign industry under one roof,” says Hensley. “ISA Sign Expo has also partnered with Disney to offer attendees a behind-the-scenes look at the design that goes into making the Disney magic happen,” he says. When in Rome!
As with any event where a large amount of professionals in the same field gather to discuss, inform, and learn from each other, networking is bound to happen – from arranged meetings to just waiting in line for coffee. Here are some set events where you can mingle with others:
• International Networking Breakfast: Thursday, April 24: 8 – 9 a.m. Meet and network with other international attendees at this complimentary breakfast. Space is limited and pre-registration is required when you register.
• ISA Networking Reception for National and Custom Sign Companies: Friday, April 25: 4:30 – 6 p.m. Representatives from major US national sign companies can meet with custom sign company executives to discuss specific installation needs.
• Dynamic Digital and Integrated Design Reception: Thursday, April 24, 4– 5 p.m. in the Dynamic Digital Park, Booth 108. This invitation-only event will host integrators, end-users, suppliers, and distributors of interactive dynamic displays, as well as designers, specifiers, and architects.
Work Hard, Play Hard
Give your mind a break for a bit and get involved in some fun activities planned by ISA:
• The ISA/Southern States Sign Association Golf Tournament will be held at Disney’s Lake Buena Vista Golf Course Wednesday, 1 – 5 p.m.
• Network with other young professionals in the industry at the Young Professionals Happy Hour, Friday, April 25, 6 – 7 p.m. Wear your show badge and get discounted drinks at the cash bar.
• The show’s “Last Hour Happy Hour” will occur during the last hour of each day. Bars will be set up throughout the exhibit hall with free beer.
• There are two chances each day to win money via the Cash Grab Machine. Visit The Hub, Booth 1772, and drop off the ticket from your badge for a chance to enter. A winner will be drawn at random at noon and 2p.m. each day. Remember, you must be present to win.
Life’s a Beach
For many of you, the trip to Orlando may mean an extended vacation with your family (or possibly some extended R&R for yourself). It may also mean you’ve spent plenty of days at Disney and Universal Studio theme parks in the past, simply due to location. If you’re looking for something with a little more sun and sand, why not travel to the ocean? Here are the five closest beaches (within a 90-minute drive) from the Orange County Convention Center:
* Cocoa Beach: 1 hour and 2 min
* Daytona Beach: 1 hour and 9 min
* New Smyrna Beach: 1 hour and 9 min
* Canaveral National Seashore: 1 hour and 17 min
* Melbourne Beach: 1 hour and 17 min
ISA’s social-media sites will keep you intrigued, involved, and informed before and during the show.
Twitter: @isasignexpo and #2014SignExpo
Facebook: ISA International Sign Expo
LinkedIn: International Sign Association (ISA)