Back in Vegas, the event is on track to be its largest since 2008.
Here are just a few of the 75 educational sessions available at this year’s ISA Expo, categorized by programming tracks:
• Digital imaging: “Image Optimizations: Save Ink and Produce Awesome Color,” presented by Mike Ruff (Nazdar Consulting); “Thermal Transfer is Not Dead,” Dana Goodale (Gerber Scientific); “Getting the Most Out of Your Wide-Format Printer Investment,” Reed Hecht (Epson); “Beyond Banners: New Applications for Growth,” Roman Barba and John Stevens (HP).
• Production/fabrication: “Expand Your Market with Fabric: Generate a New Revenue Stream,” Nora Norby (Banner Creations) and Jeff Leagon (Fabric Graphics Association).
• Sales/marketing: “How to Build an Online Marketing Machine,” Bob DeStefano (SVM E-Business Solutions); “100 Ways to Make Money with a Printer/Cutter,” Skip Grant (Skip Grant Productions).
• Graphic arts and design: “Maximizing Productivity and Creativity in CorelDraw X5 for Digital Output,” Craig Mertens (Digital Art Solutions); “New Markets and Applications with Metallic Silver Ink,” Robert Ozankan and Dana Curtis (Roland DGA); “10 Killer Software Tools for Graphic Design,” Mark Rugen (givemehelp.com); “How to Integrate Vehicle Wrap Design into Your Sign Shop,” Mark Rugen.
• Estimating: “Aligning Your Cost-Based Structure to Your Strategy,” Scott St. Cyr (Cyrious Software); “How to Estimate and Price Signs,” Dan Hale (QRS Sign).
• Customer service: “Striving For Excellence: The Key To Superior Customer Service,” Tom Hudgin (Wilmington Quality Associates); “Delivering the Ultimate Experience,” Kevin Dougherty.
• Management: “The Chaos Factor: Bracing for the Next Economic Revolution,” Brad Dawson (LTV Dynamics); “How to Manage Your Time When You Wear Too Many Hats,” Bob Losyk (Innovative Training Solutions).
Pricing for educational sessions is $129 per session or attendees can choose from among three package-pricing options: Genius ($459, unlimited selection from 75 sessions Wednesday - Saturday); WorkSmart ($359, unlimited selection from 57 sessions Thursday - Saturday); or JumpStart ($259, unlimited selection from 18 Wednesday sessions). Discounted prices are offered to ISA members.
In addition to the more formal educational seminars, attendees can make their way to the American Wrap Star competition to experience live vehicle-wrap applications done by wrap professionals from across the nation. Sponsored by 3M, HP, Royal Sovereign, Eurosystems, Digital Designware, CADlink, Yellotools, Leister, and Master Magnetics, the contest will have 64 competitors wrapping four vehicles.