Five courses available July 25-29 in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
The Information Management Institute has announced the final programs for its Digital Printing Summer Camp 2005, to be held July 25-29 at the Marriott Boston Cambridge Hotel in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Digital Printing Summer Camp 2005 will comprise the following five courses:
* Inkjet Academy: Theory of Inkjet Technology, July 25-26: Describes the latest advancements in inkjet, hardware, and ink technologies. Led by Mike Willis of Pivotal Resources and Dr. Alan Hudd of Xennia Technology
* UV Inkjet Course, July 27-28: A course describing the technology and issues involved in design, implementation and use of UV-based ink jet systems, with sessions on UV chemistry, UV curing and product implementaton/applications. Led by James Goodrich of Sartomer, Dr. John Maitland of Nordson UV, and Dr. Alan Hudd of Xennia Technology.
* Inkjet Printing Media: Coated & Uncoated, July 27-28: What makes a successful inkjet printing media? The course addresses inkjet media grades, ink/paper interactions, coating alternatives, characterization tools and paper design and development. Led by Dr. John Oliver of Innov8 Solutions and Derek Chard of Derek Chard Technologies.
* Security Printing Seminar, July 28-29: A seminar designed to provide an understanding of the basic requirements for secure printed documents and the currently available and developing technological alternatives to achieve secure printed documents. Led by Dr. Annette Jaffe of Annette Jaffe Consulting and Harold Schofield of Schofield Imaging Associates, plus a demonstration session of available forensic-analysis tools.
* Managing Product Development for Value, July 28-29: This course is designed to provide "fundamental skills for the entire chain of steps required for successful innovation (utilizing an integrated system of lecture and digital printing based case based teamwork)." Led by George A. Gibson of Xerox Innovation Group.
Full course details and on-line registration are now available on IMI's website. (IMI: www.imiconf.com)
Did you enjoy this article? Click here to subscribe to the magazine.