Winners of 2012 Inca Digital Excellence Awards range from display graphics and point-of-sale to décor, furniture, and product decoration.
* Runner-up and Special Award for Creativity: Art Center, Brazil: For a self-promotional targeted campaign, using an Inca Spyder 320 and Inca Onset S20 to print fake pizza toppings directly onto real pizza dough. The 400 pizzas were delivered to creative agencies in Såo Paulo, with the message, “We print on paper, too.”
* Winner: Delta Group, UK (thedeltagroup.co.uk): This dazzling, large Snow White walk-through display for NBC Universal offered a visual impact of the feeling of the movie, including live action footage and sound. The size, structural design, and print registration from a Columbia Turbo were critical, as was the quality finish. “Massive scale and obviously a complex job to conceive and produce,” noted judge Barney Cox.
* Runner-up: Smurfit Kappa, Ireland (smurfitkappadirect.ie): A Cadbury tradeshow self-supporting Halloween crypt display printed on an Inca Eagle H on both sides of Re-Board. Large enough to be seen throughout the exhibition center, hundreds of people walked through it to view confectionery displays.
* Winner: Marketing Alliance Group, US (mktalliance.com): Printed on an Inca Onset S40, this mermaid graphic for Casey Key Fish Bar was taken from an original oil painting on canvas, photographed, edited, and printed on poplar wood. Challenges were working with the grain, eliminating moisture, and the right balance of ink lay-down. Said judge Stan Kilpin, “The artwork and design play a large part in the success of this entry.”
* Runner-up: Augustus Martin, UK (augustusmartin.com): A semi-permanent P-O-S for Lloyds TSB Bank showcasing that they were Olympic sponsors. Inspired by the Olympic podium and printed on an Onset S70, the piece was made of Foamex display board and white Perspex.
* Winner: Artwork Digital, Brazil: This giant-sized toy train with TV monitors and DVDs, was printed on Re-board with an Inca Onset S20. “Fun!” exclaimed Noel Ward. “Kids wanted to take them home.”
* Runner-up: Express Image, USA: This self promotion, a 6-color job using an Inca Onset S40 to print on vinyl laminated on plastic, gave the illusion of being a real-life automobile, combining video (LCD screens) with static print.
Décor & Furniture
* Winner: Artwork Digital, Brazil: Printed on 5- and 10-mm acrylic and vinyl adhesive on an Inca Spyder 320, this decorative “display” consists of two separate recycling containers – one for used magazines and newspapers, and one for outdated prescription medications. Commented judge Stan Kilpin, “Very good design. Excellent printing on the substrate and a very successful result.”
* Runner-up: Dael Printing, Belgium (daelprinting.be): The Clicwall deco panel of bumper cars, printed on an Inca Onset S20, was 2.6-m high x 2.4-m wide. Dael experimented with many tests to print the correct top layer with perfect adhesion on MDF-based panels.
* Winner: Artwork Digital, Brazil: Printing on rubber with an 8-color Inca Spyder 320 (CMYK, white, light cyan, light magenta), customized flip-flop sandals were designed and created as a promotional piece for Fiat.
* Runner-up: Artwork Digital, Brazil: The toy train with video monitors received honors in two categories.
INCA DIGITAL PRINTERS