Big3D captures depth and animation, along with the viewer's imagination.
By Jake Widman
Finding More Information and Supplies
Here’s a sampling of companies branding their own lenticular products and/or offering additional information about lenticular production in general. For purposes of this list, we’ve not included companies that exclusively sell other firms’ branded products.
• FlipSigns! (flipsigns.org): Its SuperFlip! 3D Genius software enables the construction of a 3-D image for any 3-D lens; its SuperFlip! software can be used to make flip images, motion, or 3-D lenticulars. Also provides assistance with/information on lenticular.
• Goex (goex.com) – PVC lenticular and PETG lenticular extruded clear sheets, 28-in. wide.
• HumanEyes (humaneyes.com): HumanEyes Producer 3D is an end-to-end lenticular workflow solution designed to provide digital and offset printers everything necessary for the creation and production of 3D and lenticular projects; the company also offers Capture 3D software for photographers and Creative 3D software for designers and other creative professionals. Its SnapilyPro service (snapilypro.com) is an online 3-D digital print service for creative professionals.
• Imagiam (imagiam.com): Spain-based company offers Lenticular Effects lenticular software for print providers.
• Lenstar (lenstar.org): Organization sponsored by various lenticular-industry players, dedicated to providing helpful information “that will better the quality and continue the successes within the lenticular industry.” Offers a history of lenticular, a primer, ideas/applications, designer’s corner, and much more. Free lenticular presentation booklet on request.
• LentiClear Lens Inc. (lenticlearlens.com): Lenticular lens materials for the 3D/animated printing, advertising, promotional, and packaging industries.
• MicroLens (microlens.com): Large-format lenticular sheets up to 48 x 96 inches standard.
• Pacur (pacur.com): Offers Lenstar, a polyester resin developed specifically for lenticular applications; in conjunction with Eastman Chemical Company.
• Photo Illusion (photo-illusion.com): Its Power Illusion is an interlacing lenticular software program that allows users to create professional lenticular imagery; the company also provides various software packages, materials and equipment for the lenticular and 3D animation communities.
• Pixalen Studio (pixalenstudio.com): High-end lenticular prepress services assist print providers in getting the most impact out of their lenticular projects; also offers training and software for print shops that wish to keep their lenticular production in-house.
• ProMagic Software (promagic.net): Magic Interlacer Pro and Magic Interlacer Lite interlacing software; 3D Magic Lenticular Designer software for creating 3-D effects with a single layered Photoshop file.
• Spartech (spartech.com): VPI series of lenticular lens sheet; APET and PETG lenticular, both designed for digital as well as screen, litho, and flexo.
• Triaxes (3dmasterkit.com): Russian-based company’s 3DMasterKit software is designed to enable users to create lenticular prints with 3-D and motion effects, such as flip, morphing, animation, and zoom; its StereoTracer software is for rendering multi-view images out of one picture to create a lenticular 3-D print.
Did you enjoy this article? Click here to subscribe to the magazine.