More than 100 sources of rollfed paper, film, vinyl, plastics, and self-adhesives.
Transvy and Trans-Block vinyl films; a variety of synthetic papers, including Teslin and Pro-Print (with a biodegradable option); clings and pressure-sensitives; polyesters; and more.
Glen Raven Vivitex fabrics for sign and banner applications; Dickson Coatings EverGreen printable fabrics.
Frontlit flexible PVC banner for UV, latex, and solvent; backlit PVC banner for UV, latex, solvent, and eco-solvent; mesh PVC for solvent, eco-solvent, and UV; blockout banner; and more. Its IllumiSol BL Film is a multi-platform, 8.5-mil PET film is coated one-side for eco-solvent, solvent and UV printing and is specifically designed to produce vivid backlit graphics, the company reports.
Solutions-branded vinyl, banner, and film for solvent, mild-solvent, and UV-curable.
US Banner Corp.
Crown, Coral, Pearl, and Pearl Prints vinyl for solvents; also, BigFoot Banner rolls.
Topaz banner and paper for aqueous and eco-solvent inks; plus banner media.
GrandFlex coated backlit; Ad-Flex; FreedomMedia (matte, gloss, opaque, more) compatible with solvents. Also: Rio Mesh, Gloss, Matte, and more; its Rio 9 oz. Mesh Supreme with Liner can be used for printing on one side and is intended for indoor and outdoor displays for long-term usage (also available without the liner).
Perception wide-format media including canvas and fabrics for aqueous, eco-solvent, solvent, UV, and latex.
Xcel high-tack static cling; TerraSkin XP (pulp-free paper comprising 80% stone); DigitalXPS polystyrene; various pressure-sensitive films and other inkjet media.
Making a Media Choice
A few questions to ask when it comes to choosing media:
• Where will the graphics be installed: indoors, outdoors, under bright lights, etc?
• Does an application have special considerations: one-way vision requirements, needs to conform to any vehicle regulations, wind is a factor, etc?
• How long is the printed graphic expected to last?
• Will the graphic need post-output finishing: laminating, mounting, sewing/welding, grommeting, hanging?
• Are ICC color profiles available for the media/ink/printer combination?
• How consistent is the media from one batch to the next: surface texture, brightness, etc?
• What’s the cost per square foot?
• Can this media be used on all your printers, or just select ones?
• Does the media producer offer a warranty? What does it cover?
• Does the media supplier offer samples for test prints?
Did you enjoy this article? Click here to subscribe to the magazine.