Can be direct-printed with a variety of wide-format inkjets using dye-sub inksets.
Neschen has introduced a new line of direct-print dye-sublimation fabrics-DirectTex. Treated with a coating to prevent ink from being absorbed into the textile prior to heating, these fabrics can be direct-printed with a variety of wide-format inkjets using dye-sub inksets. After printing, fabrics are run through a heat press at 193? C to set the inks. The DirectTex fabric line includes:
* The 5.4 oz/sq yd polyester canvas Artist Light has a poplin-weave structure and is coated for maximum color vibrancy. With great outdoor durability, it is flame-retardant and can be frontlit or backlit. Artist Heavy is a heavier version (7.6 oz/sq yd) of Artist Light.
* The 3.4 oz/sq yd PES Flag 110 is a coated 100% polyester textile that provides a good front-side color gamut with back-side bleed through.
* TCS Gauze is a 3.5 oz/sq yd Trevira polyester with a linen weave giving a 100% bleed-though effect.
* Designed for indoor and outdoor applications, Poplin Premium is a 7.1 oz/sq yd polyester, and is DirectTex’s highest-quality poplin. Its "textile thread memory" technology makes it crease- and wrinkle-free.
* The 6.2 oz/sq yd polyester Pro-Poplin is a universally coated textile that provides good print results with a variety of ink technologies-dye-sublimation inks, oil- or solvent-based transfer dye-sub inks, and UV ink systems. It has a good hand and is wrinkle- and crease-free.
* Poly Cotton Satin is a 3.2 oz/sq yd blend of cotton and polyester. The front side has a light-gloss satin finish with a true cotton back that does not burn during the sublimation process.
* The 8.3 oz/sq yd polyester Satin Heavy DT offers two print surfaces-one is a light satin finish and the other side is a true poplin finish. It features a flame-resistant coating and is wrinkle- and crease-free.
* TC 200 DT is a 5.9 oz/sq yd Trevira polyester that’s flame-retardant. The 200-gsm fabric has an outdoor durability of 1 yr without textile deterioration or loss of color.
* A mixture of spandex and polyester, FlexTex is a 6.2 oz/sq yd coated fabric, especially good for stage graphics or stretched onto cylindrical framing systems.
Did you enjoy this article? Click here to subscribe to the magazine.