Digital printing media for a range of applications.
Sihl USA has introduced a wide range of new media for digital printing. The products include:
* Tucson 3130, 3150, and 3151 are two-sided printable matte presentation papers designed for aqueous printers using water-based dye and pigmented inks. Designed for full-color displays, architectural renderings, 3-D models, and GIS maps, the 3130 is a 90 gsm paper with 97% opacity. The media also features a matte microporous topcoat for low dot gain and fast dry time. The 90 gsm Tucson 3150 and 120 gsm Tucson 3151 both feature a smooth instant dry matte finish and are best used for two-sided displays and imposition graphics. The 3150 offers 96% opacity, while the 3151 offers 95% opacity. The 3130 and 3150 are available in 24-, 36- and 42-in. widths, and the 3151 is available in 24- and 36-in. widths.
* SuperDry Roll-Up Film 3170 is a 7 mil, glossy, gray-backed white polyester film with a 100% light block layer on the reverse side and a microporous inkjet receiver coating on the face side. Compatible with water-based dye and pigmented inks, the paper is designed for roll-up banners, tradeshow displays, and wall panel applications. The paper is water resistant and offers 100-percent opacity as well as high performance with PDA and low-melt overlaminates. Available in 36-, 42-, and 50-in. widths.
* PhotoSol 3190 is a high-resolution satin solvent photo paper for solvent and UV printers. The 7 mil, 179 gsm paper is designed for portrait photo reproduction, promotional photorealistic signage, and semi-rigid displays when laminated. The media is compatible with thermal or pressure-sensitive over-laminating films, has a high opacity base, and features a water- and scratch-resistant surface. Available in 36-, 54-, and 60-in. widths.
* Baja Photopapers 3140, 3141, and 3142 are photo papers designed for use with aqueous printers. The Baja 3140 and 3141, with satin and gloss finishes respectively, are 8 mil papers with a bright white microporous topcoat and a resin-coated base for improved ink hold out. The papers feature a water-resistant coating and instantly dry with dye and pigmented inks. The 3142 is a 7.5 mil matte photo paper with a base designed for high ink load with minimal cockle. The fast drying paper is water resistant and can be laminated.
* Fusion Flexible Films 3191, 3192, 3193, and 3194 are designed for use with UV-curable printers. The films feature an anti-static treatment and a UV ink-enhancing layer that promotes adhesion of UV-curable inks. The 3191 Fusion light-block film is a 5 mil substrate with a gray backing layer designed to be 100% opaque. The film features a gloss finish and is designed for tradeshow, pop-up signage, and P-O-P displays. The 3192 Fusion white film features a gloss finish and 95-percent opacity. The 4 mil film has an anti-static backcoat and is an optimal choice for high-quality, photorealistic signage. The 3193 Fusion is a 7 mil clear film with a gloss finish designed for use as overlays, window graphics, and P-O-P displays. The 3194 Fusion backlit film is a 5 mil substrate with a gloss finish. The film offers an opacifying layer for uniform light dispersion and a UV-curable receiver treatment on the imaging surface for ink adhesion. All films are available in 50-in. widths.
Did you enjoy this article? Click here to subscribe to the magazine.