Create high-quality black-and-white images from scanned or digital color photographs
Nik Software has added Silver Efex Pro to its line of photo-editing tools. The Adobe Photoshop and Apple Aperture plug-in allows users to create high-quality black-and-white images from scanned or digital color photographs, reports the company.
Specific features include:
* U Point-technology control points for on-image editing-allows users to precisely control the tonality of objects or areas selectively without the need for selections or layer masks.
* Style browser-users can quickly access more than 20 different preset conversions through a preset thumbnail list within the interface.
* Film grain engine-Features algorithms written specifically to allow the user to produce realistic grain, mimicking the natural silver-halide process instead of overlaying a random noise pattern.
* Film types-Users can emulate the grain, color sensitivity, and tone curve of 18 popular black-and-white films.
* Color filters-Features five commonly used color filters and the ability to select any hue and strength.
* Tinting and toning-Preset toners provide the ability to re-create sepia, selenium, gold, silver, and split-toning options.
* Smart filter compatibility (Photoshop only)-By applying Silver Efex Pro to a Smart Object in Adobe Photoshop CS3, photographers can use Silver Efex Pro as a Smart Filter, allowing any edit with Silver Efex Pro to be readjusted in the future.
* Multi-Image Editing (Aperture only)
When working in Apple Aperture, photographers have the option of selecting multiple
images and then converting all of those images within a single editing session,
enhancing their workflow so that they can ensure a consistent look and feel for their