Deadline is June 8.
The Printing Industries of America is now accepting nominations for its 2012 InterTech Technology Awards. The awards honor the development of technologies predicted to have a major impact on the graphic communications and related industries.
About 250 technologies have received InterTech Awards since the award was introduced in 1978. Wining technologies have included various aspects of graphic-communications business and production, from management information software and workflow systems to press consumables and digital-printing systems. More than 80-percent of the technologies honored in the past have experienced commercial success in the marketplace, PIA reports.
The 2011 InterTech Technology Award recipients included:
• Enfocus Switch, Enfocus (www.enfocus.com);
• Studio Toolkit for Shrink Sleeves, Esko (www.esko.com);
• KBA Flying JobChange, KBA North America (www.kba.com);
• Komori H-UV Curing System, Komori America (www.komori-america.com);
• Manroland autoprint APL, Manroland, Inc. (www.manroland.com);
• Memjet Technologies, Memjet (www.memjet.com)
• TrueJet Digital Coated Papers, NewPage Corporation (www.newpagecorp.com); and
• PDF/VT (ISO 16612-2), NPES The Association for Suppliers of Printing, Publishing and Converting Technologies (www.npes.org).
Only vendors and technology owners can nominate awards. Award recipients are chosen by an independent panel of judges made up of experienced print professionals with expertise in a variety of areas. Entry fees are $2000 per entry ($1500 prior to March 31); deadline is June 8, 2012.
PRINTING INDUSTRIES OF AMERICA