Plus, more wide-format stories from around the globe.
1. London │ If you attended FESPA 2013, you might have seen this chrome-wrapped bus traveling the streets of London as it made its way to the Excel London Exhibition and Conference Centre. The double-decker bus was installed at the show by Papergraphics (paper-graphics.com) using Hexis Chrome Cast silver chrome gloss; original artwork was sourced from artist Insa (www.insaland.com).
2. Minneapolis │ To kick off the FLOW Art Crawl in Minneapolis, a vinyl wrap with photographic images of business owners, organization leaders, artists, and more from around the neighborhood was installed around two sides of a three-story, unoccupied building. The photographs were taken by Armour Photography and printed by Western Graphics (www.westerngx.com).
3. New Zealand │ Production company Silent House and Sew What? Inc. (www.sewwhatinc.com) rocked the house for Ozzy Osbourne and Black Sabbath’s first tour in 30 years with a 41 x 60-ft four-part backdrop using Sew What’s flame-retardant black commando cloth, black sharkstooth scrim fabric, and silver metal mesh (screen door metal).The design was first printed onto a 10-ft wide, craft paper template using Sew What’s EFI Vutek UV printer. The backdrop was installed by the Black Sabbath crew at the first stop on the tour, Auckland, New Zealand.
4. Florida │ In order to remind Pinellas County, Florida, residents of the connection between using too much fertilizer and poor water quality in the area’s open waterways, seven of the county’s Department of Environment and Infrastructure trucks, vans, and heavy-equipment vehicles have been wrapped with this environmental message: “Skip the Fertilizer.” The vehicles will travel an estimated 10,000 miles a year around the county.
5. South Africa │ In honor of Nelson Mandela’s 95th birthday, 95 art posters were chosen from 700 entries from artists in more than 50 countries for the Mandela Poster Project. Produced for a new exhibit at the University of Pretoria in South Africa, the posters were output by South African print service provider Printville (www.printville.co/za) via its HP Designjet Z6200 photo printer onto HP Professional Satin media using HP pigment inks.
Did you enjoy this article? Click here to subscribe to the magazine.