Both models offer dust-proof and weather-resistant bodies.
Pentax Imaging has announced two new digital SLR camera models: the 14.6-Mpxl Pentax K20D digital SLR and the Pentax K200D digital SLR with 10.2 Mpxl. Both cameras are equipped with dustproof and weather-resistant bodies, an improved PRIME image processor, and Pentax-developed Shake Reduction that works with any Pentax lens.
The K20D improves upon the company's K10D and becomes the company's new flagship camera. Features include:
* A newly developed CMOS image sensor featuring 14.6 effective Mpxl and the latest noise-reduction technology.
* Custom Image functions allowing users to select between 6 preset options and further adjust image processing, including saturation, hue, contrast, and sharpness.
* A Live View that allows users to see the full image area to confirm composition, focus status, and lighting on the large 2.7-in. LCD monitor. A grid display may be engaged to help assure the perfect arrangement of an image.
* An improved Dust Reduction system that features the new Dust Alert function to pinpoint the exact location of dust particles.
* A PC sync socket for photographers who use studio lighting.
Price of the K20D: $1300 (body only), shipping in April.
The new K200D boasts 10.2 Mpxl and a 2.7-in.-wide LCD. Features include: Auto Picture and Scene modes; Custom Image functions; a weather- and dust-resistant body; an improved Dust Reduction system; and the Pentax-developed Shake Reduction system.
Price of the K200D: $800, with 18-55mm lens, shipping in March.