BEDFORD, MA, Dec. 4, 2013 (Press Release) – RISI, the leading information provider for the forest products industry, hosted its first Latin American Paper Packaging Conference November 18-20 in Miami, Florida, at the Eden Roc Hotel.
The conference brought together producers, suppliers, packaging converters and end-users, and was RISI's first packaging event with a dedicated focus on the market in Latin America, a region expected to undergo phenomenal growth and change in the coming years.
Highlights included a presentation by Skip Marlin, vice president of corporate packaging for Del Monte, who spoke about the complex packaging requirements of a major global brand, and a talk by Adam Bushong, global commodity manager for packaging at Dell, who spoke about how the fiber-based packaging industry can address the sustainability needs of major brands and the essential role sustainability plays in the industry.
The program also featured presentations and panel discussions with industry leaders from throughout the region who explored hot button issues facing the industry. Speakers included:
• Miguel Rincón Barraza, Director for Packaging, Bio-Pappel
• Nicholas Mockett, Moorgate Capital
• Keila Hand, Senior Program Officer, Paper Packaging, WWF
• Juan Guillermo Castaneda, Vice President of Finance, HR & Administration, Smurfit Kappa - The Americas
• Mark Wilde, Managing Director, Deutsche Bank
• Mike Harwood, President & CEO, World Containerboard Organization
• Patricio Segovia, Director, LatAm Papers
• Stephen Scheibe, Managing Director, All Abroad
• Ivone Satsuki Namikawa, Forest Sustainability, Klabin
• Pedro Huerta, Director, Surpapelcorp S.A.
• Paul Tasso, VP and General Manager, Latin America, Cellmark
Attendees also heard from RISI economists, who spoke about the state of the industry and gave two-year outlooks on critical areas. Speakers included:
• Mike Coffey, CEO, RISI
• Mark Rushton, Editor, PPI Magazine, RISI
• Ken Waghorne, Vice President, Packaging, RISI
• Jon Rager, Vice President, Mill Intelligence, RISI
• David Katsnelson, Director, Macroeconomics, RISI
About the RISI Latin American Paper Packaging Conference (http://utrk.net/1uyx5/?1A7EW007NE1)
The first RISI Latin American Paper Packaging Conference, was held November 18-20, 2013, in Miami, Florida, at the Eden Roc Hotel. The conference was RISI's first packaging event with a dedicated focus on the market in Latin America, a region expected to undergo phenomenal growth and change in the coming years. At the event, attendees heard unique and detailed presentations and discussions on the fiber-based packaging market from brand leaders, including CEOs from leading packaging companies, converters and suppliers from the containerboard and paper board markets. RISI economists also presented key insights into the current containerboard and boxboard packaging markets and valuable forecasting.
About RISI (http://utrk.net/178l8/?1A7EW007NE1)
RISI is the leading information provider for the global forest products industry. The company works with clients in the pulp and paper, wood products, timber, biomass, tissue, nonwovens, printing and publishing industries to help them make better decisions.
Headquartered in Boston, MA, RISI operates additional offices throughout North and South America, Europe and Asia.
Did you enjoy this article? Click here to subscribe to the magazine.