The competition annually recognizes innovative work in the digital and screen printing marketplace.
SGIA is now accepting entries for its Golden Image Awards Competition to be held at the 2012 SGIA Expo in Las Vegas, October 18–20. The competition annually recognizes innovative work in the digital and screen printing marketplace.
“This is a great opportunity for companies to compete against the best in the specialty imaging community and display their work to thousands of Expo attendees,” says Johnny Shell, SGIA’s vice president of technical services.
Entries must be received by October 5, 2012 to be considered. Judges chosen on the basis of their technical skills, experience, and knowledge in the appropriate categories will evaluate contenders on specific criteria, such as:
• Image definition
• Job complexity
• Overall impression
The entry deadline for the Golden Image Awards is October 5, 2012. SGIA printer members receive one free entry, and additional entries are only $30 each. Every entrant will be considered for "Best in Show" (digital and screen printing categories), the competition's highest honor. Learn more about the competition and enter online here.
Last year's highest honors were given to select winning entries, including:
• Best in Digital Creativity: “Angels Pillow Cover,” Varsha Transprint (www.varshatransprint.com)
• Best of Show Digital: “Loreal NutriShine Decal,” Spectrum Scan Pvt Ltd (www.spectrumscanindia.com)
• Best of Show Graphics: “Inmold Capacitive Touch with LED’s Control Panel,” Canyon Graphics Corporation (www.canyongraphics.com)
• Best of Show Garments: “”Man View Change,” Tarun Print Tech (www.tarunprints.com)
• People's Choice Award: “Ten Bridges” by Liudmila Kondakova, Kolibri Art Studio (www.kolibriartstudio.com)