In New Orleans, the association honors top products in the printer, ink, and media categories.
At the 2011 SGIA Expo in New Orleans, the Specialty Graphic Imaging Association announced its 2011 Product of the Year winners.
The awards recognize quality digital equipment and supplies in the specialty-imaging marketplace. Competition entrants must be SGIA member exhibitors with products currently available; each entry is judged based on its perceived value to the digital-imaging community.
“Winners represent the best consumables and output devices that offer faster, higher quality output for the wide-format digital market,” says Michael Robertson, SGIA president and CEO.
The winners included:
* Digital Inks: Eco-UV S Ink for VersaUV LED wide-format inkjet devices, Roland DGA (www.rolanddga.com)
* Media - Vinyl: Ilford BioMedia Display Film, Ilford (www.ilford.com)
* Media - Films: Asphalt Art, Asphalt Art USA (www.asphaltartusa.com)
* Media - Textile: Visual Magnetics VM-Canvas 22, Visual Magnetics (www.visualmagnetics.com)
In addition, the following printers won in the Test Print Shoot Out categories:
* Poster size - Solvent/Latex printers <96 in.: JV33-130, Mimaki USA (www.mimakiusa.com)
* Flatbed - Rigid Substrate UV <$200K MSRP: JFX-1631, Mimaki USA
* Flatbed - Rigid Substrate UV >$200K MSRP: EFI Vutek GS3250LX, EFI (www.efi.com)
* Flatbed - Rigid White Ink UV <$200K MSRP:, Arizona 360 XT, Océ Display Graphics Systems (www.dgs.oce.com)
Honorable mentions in the printer category also went to: Roland DGA’s VersaUV LEJ-640 (Poster size - UV ink printers < 96 in.); Polytype America’s Impala (Flat Bed-Rigid White Ink UV >$200K MSRP; www.polytypeamerica.com); and Mimaki USA’s JV33-260 (Grand Format R to R-Solvent & Latex inks) and JFX1631 Plus-R (Grand Format R to R-UV cured ink).